Society Excursion Sunday March 6 2011

by david

The Society excursion to the Imperial War Museum and Fulham Palace took place on a cold and overcast day. Members gathered for an 8am departure from Severn Bridge Social Club Car Park, traveling to the first of the two visits at the Imperial War Museum,London

Fulham Palace

The estate which came to be known as Fulham Palace came into the ownership of Waldhere,Bishop of London and continued to be their palace until 1975.The original estate covered over 30 acres

Amongst some of the well known bishops where, Bishop Hawley, Bishop Porteus, and Bishop Compton

The existing building date from 1495 with additions in the 16th,17th,18th and 19th centuries

Comments about this page
No comments posted as yet ...

Log In to add a comment ...



Home Page   Member Area   Bookmark Page   Email a Friend   Print Friendly   Change Template   Search   A to Z   Site Map 

Site hosted by Reyaltec Ltd
Copyright 2005 The Chepstow Society